Virtual Ways To Connect With Friends From Home
September, 2020 · By Analytics
If youâ€™re practicing social distancing these days, you can still spend time seeing family and friends and enjoying a meal together â€“ whether itâ€™s outside in your driveway, over Zoom or using FaceTime. Fireside Chop House believes that the universally human experience of breaking bread together is essentialâ€”even if that means going virtual. Continue reading for ideas on planning online events, and for the ultimate virtual dinner party experience, make your reservation for a party takeout order so you and all your friends can have a night of virtual celebrations together!
HOST A VIRTUAL DINNER PARTY
Technology makes it easy to see the faces of the ones you love when real life circumstances make it difficult to see each other in person. You may live far from children and grandchildren or are in quarantine at home. Maybe youâ€™re worried about traveling or live alone and just need to see a friendly face after so much time apart. Whatever your circumstances, you can take matters into your own hands and do something as simple as throwing a dinner party over Zoom!
Some easy ways you can still spend time together are, maybe cooking one of our favorites together, or get some carry out or delivery from our restaurant. The most important thing is that youâ€™re all spending time together via video chat.
Here are the steps to take to ensure everyone has a fun evening enjoying dinner together:
- Send out invitations. You can go casual and start a group text or more formal and send out invitations via companies like Evite or Paperless Post.
- Choose a day and time and stick with it. You can even make it a regular weekly or monthly occurrence.
- Make it fun â€“ choose a theme, have people wear funny hats or a shirt from their favorite football team, etc. Itâ€™s your time together, so make the most of it.
Invite everyone to come online and then enjoy each otherâ€™s company while you eat. And perhaps the best part of it all? You donâ€™t have to cook and clean for a large number of people!
KEEP CONNECTING AFTER YOUR MEAL
If you want to keep the good times rolling after dinner, there are plenty of fun activities you and your crew can do over the Internet.
- Host a wine-fueled Zoom karaoke session with the help of a synchronized player like Watch2Gether â€” itâ€™s free!
- Watch a movie or binge-worthy TV show together through apps like Netflix Party, Amazon Prime Videoâ€™s Watch Party, and TwoSevenâ€”compatible with Hulu, Disney+, and other streaming services.
- If you love games, you can find imitations of your favorite games online, including Cards Against Humanity, Scattergories, Heads Up and more.
LET FIRESIDE CHOP HOUSE HELP YOU THROW A VIRTUAL EVENT TO REMEMBER
No matter how you decide to connect with friends and family from home, FiresideÂ is here for you. Join us in person for a safe and socially distanced dining experience at our restaurant or pick up a takeout order for a virtual event from home. We look forward to serving you!
Comments are closed.